We use a two man team consisting of a UAV pilot and spotter. Data capture for inspections was completed using drones. Images were captured at various heights and angles to ensure the complete site can be inspected via a 3D model like the above example.
Previous proof of concept and pilot projects have successfully confirmed the use case for drone-based inspections to assist with geotechnical inspections.
- Collect drone data from various locations
- Create easy visualization for stakeholders to assess changes
- Annotate and share findings
Geotechnical Drone Based Data Capture –
– Removed all employees from the danger zone
– Did not require a possession
– Did not require any employees to work at heights
– Did not disrupt customer commutes
– Obtained high quality data
– Reduced inspection time in half
– Had zero incidents or near misses